Monday, March 11, 2013

Fundraising... Here we go!!!

I got a few minutes of quiet this morning. A rare thing these days with a 4 year old boy, 2 year old boy and an infant girl. After showering and doing dishes, I grabbed my Bible for a few minutes of time with the Lord. While in my prayer time I realized I have not prayed enough for my fourth child very much. It's possible that right now, across the world in Ethiopia, there's a baby girl who will some day be our baby girl. I don't know the circumstances of how she will some day become ours. All I know is to pray that my baby will feel God's love, and that those around her will show her love and fill her belly.

Yes! We are planning to adopt again. We have long known we wanted to have more than one adopted child in our family. After much research, prayer and thinking we decided to adopt from Ethiopia again. It currently takes 2-3 years to complete an adoption from Ethiopia. The wait times have increased due to increased paperwork requirements to insure ethical adoptions. A good thing, it just means it takes longer for everyone. We are asking for a girl, a toddler, who will likely have special medical needs. 


Adoption is a miracle. If you don't agree, then maybe you haven't met our Yoseph or heard his story.  Born the son of a student, who got pregnant through a tragic situation. She tried for 6 weeks to provide for him, she sacrificed a lot to give him LIFE and made the hardest decision any woman can make... to give him to another family. We were of course blessed to be that family. Now look at him! He smiles all day long! We are excited to be a part of a miracle again. And YOU can be a part of it too! While not everyone can adopt, everyone should support orphan care and adoption in some way. Here's one way.



We need $9,000 over the next 3 months to get started.  I bet YOU could give $30-$50, I bet many of you could actually give even more. We only need 180 people to give $50 and  BOOM we've got it! Give up coffee for a week or don't eat out this weekend and instead give to give a child a family. Even if you can't give, share this post with your friends and maybe they will feel led to give. 

Want to make a donation? That would be awesome! IT IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!!- if you donate through our agency. They will send you a nice letter documenting your gift.


Visit West Sands website. Click on donate. Follow the directions for the donations. MAKE SURE YOU PUT "GOURLEY FAMILY" in the purpose box!

You can also give using the DONATE button at the top right of the blog, but that way is not tax-deductible, that's our personal PayPal account.


Both methods of online donations are secure, through PayPal. If you prefer to make a donation by check, our address is P.O. Box 435 Hartfield, VA 23071. But, only donations made directly to the agency can get a letter for tax purposes.


Also, stay tuned. We plan to sell cookbooks, sheets, and maybe jewelry too.


Thank you so much!!!


1 comment:

  1. Niki and Steve,

    I have an adoption fundraising idea I'd like to share with you. Could you email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

    Thanks!

    Matthew Lee

    ReplyDelete